Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Art Showing This Friday at 7pm!


Here at Southeast Grind we believe in promoting what makes Portland such a stellar place by featuring local artists, choosing local vendors, and honoring all things eclectic and fun.


We also love any excuse for a celebration:)


So this Friday, May 15 we will be featuring a new local artist and would like to invite YOU to join us for the fun. Starting at 7pm at the shop, 1223 SE Powell Blvd, we will have drinks, snacks, art and music for your enjoyment. The artist that we will be featuring is the girlfriend of our first regular, John. Andrea, the artist, has a website portfolio where you can check out her work, and it's very easy to browse. It's http://www.magicpugpictures.com/. John and Andrea have a cute little pug that loves baseball and going to Bark in the Park Days at PGE Park. Here's a little blurb about Andrea:


"I grew up in Bakersfield, California, and graduated fifth in my class of five-hundred from Bakersfield High school in 2003. I received the Bank of America award for promising artistic performance, after participating in the advanced placement art and animation program.
I started college at the University of California, Santa Barbara as a double major, art studio and art history, but was not blown away by the studio program, so I just kept the art history major. I graduated in 2007 with a bachelors degree in art history in the top five of my major, and received the thesis paper award for that year, earning a distinction in the major.
I just moved to Portland this year, and love love love it! My next adventure I think will be going to tattoo school- I'm so excited!
Other things I love... playing the piano, dogs with squishy faces, anything Disney, cheese, comic books, lord of the rings, nerdy stuff, coffee, tee-shirts, good beer, changing my hair color, cooking, movies, decorating, painting and drawing, and lots of other stuff too:)"


If you haven't had a chance to stop by the shop yet and seen how the place has evolved, now is a great time!


Hearts,

Southeast Grind

No comments:

Post a Comment